Monday 16 November 2009

Blame Game Decision - Part Two (Rafael Benitez) - SORRY!

Urm.... well.... ok honestly, I can't be doing with the level of grief associated with writing blog entries about LFC. I had hoped that balanced arguments backed with facts may in some small way make a difference. I was naive.

So I'll give you a quick summary of MY OPINIONS on everything else. They're not right or wrong they are opinions so I won't be publishing any comments on this post.

Rafa Benitez - is the right person to move LFC forward. He has only recently had full control over the youth set up and has brought in a management team, which I imagine is envied across Europe. Given time he will deliver, but we need to be patient. There are reasons why Real Madrid continue to be linked with him - he is one of the best coaches / managers in Europe and we are lucky to have a manager who gives his all to our club.

Spirit of Shankly - I admire the 'other work' they do and continue to believe that the concept is impressive. I do not agree with their original raison d'etre but believe they have the potential to be an influential and positive force for LFC. I can see the concept being replicated by others. The dangers are that when you visit forums I can see more hardcore / direct action orientated 'splinter cells' forming in the future. SoS may find themselves guilty by association. I have engaged with SoS by email etc. on several occasions and found them willing to listen if not be convinced.

Forums - WOW, some of them are just plain ridiculous others are filled with hate and intimidation. Not what I was expecting or hoping for. I am sure there are good forums out there but I haven't found an 'adequately controlled' one yet which allows for positive contributions to debate.

Paul Tomkins (@paul_tomkins) - I like his optimism and he sees things that I don't from a team perspective, but once pointed out I usually agree with him. I am half way through his latest book which is, to mid way through, an excellent eye opening read. He also re-tweeted mysecond blog entry. Thanks Paul.

Liverpool-Kop.com (Jaimie Kanwar) - Jaimie and I don't usually agree on much in relation to team / Rafa etc. I can see where some of the criticism about him comes from and I really am not sure whether he does just push forward ideas to be sensationalist or whether they are just his honest opinions. Either way, as a bi-product, he does get people talking - which is good. He also re-posted two of my blog entries and got them to a wider audience. Thanks Jaimie (I think :-) )

Gareth Roberts (@robbohuyton) - We're on different sides of the argument in relation to H&G but he's listened to my point of view and I his. We've both conceded on some discussions and I wish there were more open minded and coherent fans like him out there. Definitely worth a follow on Twitter! Thanks Robbo!

Right so if you're anti H&G you're not here anyway, if you want to listen to me babble about LFC more.... tough! I will continue to post about business issues if that interests any of you. The local council is my next target.... should they be run like private businesses?

Oh and out of all this my dissertation for my Masters degree will be in relation to LFC and the way it is run. I will have research to conduct and may need some help..... I won't be blogging about it though, but may call on some of you for assistance!